Grace is always pretending to use closets as elevators, so I wanted her to have a pretend elevator button panel so she could have fun pushing the buttons.
This is not only fun for her, but she can work on her number recognition skills at the same time. I'll ask her questions like "If you are on the 6th floor and you need to get to the 12th floor, which way do you go..up or down? What floors do you pass along the way?"
This was a simple panel made out of items that are found around the house or are easily attainable for not a lot of money.
Here's how you make this elevator button panel:
What you'll need:
1. Large Wiggle Eyes (aka googly eyes)
2. 1" Round labels
4. Scissors (to cut cardboard if needed)
6. Glue for the wiggle eyes (I used scrapbook glue because that's what I found in the drawer)
7. Sticky tack or a wall safe tape.
1. Cut cardboard into a rectangle
2. Glue the wiggle eyes onto the cardboard
3. Write the numbers onto the labels
4. Stick the numbers onto the wiggle eyes (make sure to put the 1 at the bottom and go up)
5. Stick onto a wall or door and have fun!
The Daily Dish: Iced Coffee Frappe with Cotton Candy
|Click Here For Recipe|